New version of Qubes Screenshot Tool (0.5 beta)

Eva Star

Sep 24, 2016, 10:39:41 AM9/24/16
to qubes-users
Hello,

New version of Qubes Screenshot tool available.

https://github.com/evadogstar/qvm-screenshot-tool

If you do not know what is it: a tool to easy make screenshots and
upload them to the AppVM and to the web ( imgurl service ).

Changelog:
- Now, it's possible to re-open imgurl uploaded dialog again, if it was
closed. I found that it's very useful at the daily use to get uploaded
url again.
- "Ksnapshot" removed from the menu if it's not available at the system
(because of Qubes XFCE migration and KDE not available now by default)

--
Regards

Clark Venable

Sep 24, 2016, 11:20:58 AM9/24/16
to qubes-users, eva...@openmailbox.org
Thank you! I was just looking for this functionality and how to install it.

johny...@sigaint.org

Sep 24, 2016, 2:03:13 PM9/24/16
to qubes-users
Hey, I just noticed that the screenshot utility supposedly supports imgur.
How does it do that from dom0? Similar to qubes-dom0-update, and use the
firewall or other VM to do the networking?

When I tried it, I just got an error that it couldn't transfer to imgur.
Is this not supported in dom0, or is there something misconfigured at my
end?

(I don't have dispvm's enabled, for memory conservation reasons; would
that be relevant?)

Cheers

JJ

Eva Star

Sep 24, 2016, 5:46:10 PM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 09/24/2016 09:02 PM, johny...@sigaint.org wrote:

> Hey, I just noticed that the screenshot utility supposedly supports imgur.
> How does it do that from dom0? Similar to qubes-dom0-update, and use the
> firewall or other VM to do the networking?
>
> When I tried it, I just got an error that it couldn't transfer to imgur.
> Is this not supported in dom0, or is there something misconfigured at my
> end?
>
> (I don't have dispvm's enabled, for memory conservation reasons; would
> that be relevant?)

You can run the tool from terminal to get more info.

It support any Unix based AppVM (tested at Fedora) to upload screenshots
to imgurl.

At the second step you will see "select AppVM" dialog for networking. If
you want to paste url to personal VM, then it's reasonable to upload
image with and from this VM (select it at the 2 second step)

After that you will get popup window at personal VM with url and you
will be allow to simply copy&past url with CTRL+C & CTRL+V (or only
CNTL+V if xclip instated at selected VM, because if this tool exists, my
screenshot tool will automaticaty copy url to the clipboard.

For more information read readme at
https://github.com/evadogstar/qvm-screenshot-tool

--
Regards

Eva Star

Sep 24, 2016, 5:49:42 PM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 09/24/2016 09:02 PM, johny...@sigaint.org wrote:

> When I tried it, I just got an error that it couldn't transfer to imgur.
> Is this not supported in dom0, or is there something misconfigured at my
> end?

Also try to select less region on the screen to get screenshot and AppVM
with high speed networking. In other cases it can return timeout error
(it's simple to fix by increasing timeouts, but I do not that because
it's work for me)

So, follow instruction or give me the error that you receive on the
screen or from the terminal :)

--
Regards

Eva Star