HCL - HP envy 13-ab003nf

Eliott

Sep 3, 2017, 7:51:13 AM9/3/17
to qubes-users
Qubes's up and running on my HP envy laptop (2016 edition), just had to do a few things:
- disable secure boot (obviously)
- enable hardware virtualization

Had to follow one workaround:
- "Boot device not recognized" in UEFI issues

Two problems (any solutions?):
- due to the workaround I am failing to configure a sys-usb VM (mentionned in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/Pxv89kto1GU).
- just discovered that I cannot wake the laptop after a sleep, had to reboot it the hard way (using on/off button)

Qubes-HCL-HP-HP_ENVY_Notebook_13_ab0XX-20170903-112834.yml

thomas...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2017, 10:38:16 AM10/21/17
to qubes-users

I have the same model!

Glad to see it worked this well, but did you ever get sleep to work?

eliott.te...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 5:48:11 PM11/9/17
to qubes-users
Quick update: discovered a TPM in the bios, that's a simple option to enable. Also no luck on sleep, wondering if someone has a workaround.

eliott.te...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 5:48:52 PM11/9/17
to qubes-users
Sorry for spamming, rebooting made the usb vm works too.