Coreboot+SeaBIOS and AEM

Finsh

Aug 24, 2017, 8:04:21 AM8/24/17
to qubes-users
Hello Guys,

i want to configure AEM for my x230.I added TPM support when i was configurating coreboot, however, im not able to take ownership etc.Also im unable to find anything according AEM in the coreboot wiki.
Is there maybe someone with the same setup who is willingly to give me some hints?
I already set up AEM once with Vendor bios, which was easy.

greetings

Tai...@gmx.com

Aug 25, 2017, 2:51:23 AM8/25/17
to Finsh, qubes-users
This would be a posting for the coreboot mailing list if the default TPM
setup instructions are not working for you.
Message has been deleted

Finsh

Sep 29, 2017, 10:51:53 AM9/29/17
to qubes-users
Maybe someone can help me now.i didnt try to setup AEM anymore, but now i got more Time and i wil try it again.
As i said, it fails at the very first step (cat /sys/devices/*/*/pcrs-no output). Does this simply mean my TPM isnt supported by the Kernel?
If so, is there anything i can do about it?

Is anyone using AEM on a x230 Thinkpad?

Cheers

Finsh

Sep 29, 2017, 10:53:51 AM9/29/17
to qubes-users
I did ask the very same Question in the coreboot mailinglist btw, didnt get an answer.

Finsh

Oct 1, 2017, 7:44:32 AM10/1/17
to qubes-users
Solved. There is a bug in Seabios, which disables the TPMchip. So you have to use any other payload.

cheers