VM chaining visualisation tool

Steve

Jan 12, 2017, 1:11:48 AM1/12/17
to qubes-users
Is there a way I can get a real time visualisation of the VM chaining , for example a Domain chaining through a firewall through a VPN and sys Network ?

Andrew David Wong

Jan 12, 2017, 2:17:09 AM1/12/17
to Steve, qubes-users

Steve

Jan 12, 2017, 2:26:47 AM1/12/17
to qubes-users
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 10:11:48 AM UTC+4, Steve wrote:
> Is there a way I can get a real time visualisation of the VM chaining , for example a Domain chaining through a firewall through a VPN and sys Network ?

Is there a way in Terminal to get a textual description of the linking ? thx

Andrew David Wong

Jan 12, 2017, 2:59:14 AM1/12/17
to Steve, qubes-users

Jean-Philippe Ouellet

Jan 12, 2017, 5:47:19 AM1/12/17
to Andrew David Wong, Steve, qubes-users

Andrew

Jan 12, 2017, 5:58:45 PM1/12/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Jean-Philippe Ouellet:
See also this script I wrote:
https://github.com/kbrn/qubes-app-print-vm-status

Screenshot on my current system attached (with some redactions, of course).

Andrew
qubes-print-vm-stats.png

Drew White

Jan 12, 2017, 10:00:00 PM1/12/17
to qubes-users, kyb...@riseup.net

Hi Andrew,

Nice little script.
Any chance you can give it option to set the colour as text colour instead of background colour?
Very hard on the eyes with coloured background. I think that coloured text would be more beneficial, but that's just my personal opinion, but it would be nice.

Sincerely,
Drew.

Andrew David Wong

Jan 13, 2017, 3:56:58 AM1/13/17
to Jean-Philippe Ouellet, Steve, qubes-users

raah...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2017, 5:02:02 PM1/13/17
to qubes-users
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:11:48 AM UTC-5, Steve wrote:
> Is there a way I can get a real time visualisation of the VM chaining , for example a Domain chaining through a firewall through a VPN and sys Network ?

for seeing network connections i use etherape. But i don't run it in sys-firewall, which would show which vm making the connection, cause I feel it unsafe. but nice thing about qubes safe to use in sys-net, not as detrimental.

raah...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2017, 5:03:16 PM1/13/17
to qubes-users, raah...@gmail.com

I mean anything listening is not safe.