macosx

Drew White

Mar 16, 2018, 1:15:44 AM3/16/18
to qubes-users
hi folks,

if i was to get another mac laptop to run qubes, what one could run qubes 4?

sincerely,
D.

Drew White

Mar 16, 2018, 1:16:17 AM3/16/18
to qubes-users
and will it run osx under it?

awokd

Mar 16, 2018, 5:44:25 AM3/16/18
to Drew White, qubes-users
On Fri, March 16, 2018 5:16 am, Drew White wrote:
> and will it run osx under it?

I see some Macbooks in https://www.qubes-os.org/hcl/ but latest report is
R3.1... Haven't heard of anyone running OSX under Qubes.

Unman

Mar 16, 2018, 9:36:53 AM3/16/18
to aw...@danwin1210.me, Drew White, qubes-users
Two years ago Eric Shelton was running OSX in Qubes: you will find his
mails in the list archives.
I was able to boot a hackintosh image that I had following his approach,
but the performance was not good, and I had little interest in making
it work. But yes, in principle, (and no doubt after much hacking about),
you should be able to run OSX in Qubes.

I've had good experience with running Qubes on old MacBooks - I've
always used rEFInd to circumvent boot issues, and everything seems fine.
That's 3.2 - I cant speak to 4.0.