[Qubes R4.0] USB Mouse Issue | AppVM External Monitor

Troy

May 17, 2018, 9:54:42 PM5/17/18
to qubes-users
Setup:
Software -- Qubes R4.0, Debian AppVM
Hardware -- External monitor connected by HDMI to laptop, USB mouse

Issue:
Mouse works perfectly when application window is on laptop monitor [aligned with dom0 mouse pointer]. However, when the application windows is moved to the external monitor, the clicks inside the application window are either incredibly misaligned from the mouse pointer displayed by dom0 or do not register. The bar at the top of the application window [with the color that identifies the domain] works correctly in both the external and laptop monitor.

Have tried [but failed to resolve the issue]:
Dom0 terminal: "qvm-start-gui --notify-monitor-layout"
AppVM: xrandr output shows there are two monitors as expected

Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue?

Referenced Issues:

mes...@sindominio.net

Jun 18, 2018, 7:46:40 AM6/18/18
to qubes-users
On Friday, 18 May 2018 03:54:42 UTC+2, Troy wrote:
> Issue:
> Mouse works perfectly when application window is on laptop monitor [aligned with dom0 mouse pointer]. However, when the application windows is moved to the external monitor, the clicks inside the application window are either incredibly misaligned from the mouse pointer displayed by dom0 or do not register. The bar at the top of the application window [with the color that identifies the domain] works correctly in both the external and laptop monitor.
>
> Have tried [but failed to resolve the issue]:
> Dom0 terminal: "qvm-start-gui --notify-monitor-layout"
> AppVM: xrandr output shows there are two monitors as expected
>
> Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue?

Same here. '--notify-monitor-layout' was working in my x230 fine until I removed the stock BIOS and putted coreboot with SeaBIOS.

I've noticed that xrandr in the AppVM shows the two monitors, but says 'disabled' for one of them.

I guess is unrelated, with coreboot I don't see anymore /sys/devices/platform/dock.x and I don't get the dock udev action I was using to autoconfigure monitors.