has google- chrome slowed down for anyone else?

pixel fairy

Dec 12, 2019, 1:56:27 AM12/12/19
to qubes-users
after the last dom0 update (and, i think a chrome one) chrome has been really slow, to the point where some sites just freeze up for a bit, though the browser still takes input so you can keep typing and just wait for it to catch up. firefox seems fine, but the sites that need chrome are the heavy js ones. dont know what dom0 would have to do with it, just noticed that at the same time. maybe an input / refresh thing?

pixel fairy

Dec 12, 2019, 6:32:21 PM12/12/19
to qubes-users
Whatever it is does not affect chromium. probably just a bug in chrome

Daniil Travnikov

Dec 14, 2019, 7:05:12 AM12/14/19
to qubes-users
Actually the same problem I have in Brave Browser which use chromium.

Try this:
1. Open chrome://flags
2. Change 'Override software rendering list' on 'Enabled'.

pixel fairy

Dec 16, 2019, 1:44:15 PM12/16/19
to qubes-users

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 4:05:12 AM UTC-8, Daniil Travnikov wrote:
Actually the same problem I have in Brave Browser which use chromium.

Try this:
1. Open chrome://flags
2. Change 'Override software rendering list' on 'Enabled'.

Thanks. seemed slightly better, but the problems still there. glad theres other browsers

pixel fairy

Dec 16, 2019, 9:54:18 PM12/16/19
to qubes-users
i take that back, its much better, but still a little there.