placement of windows after re-logging in

Boryeu Mao

Sep 6, 2022, 1:19:31 AM9/6/22
to qubes-users
When logging back in, the windows in the workspace are re-opened - is it possible to have them positioned just as they were before the last logging out?  I have R.4.1.1 with xfce.  Thanks in advance.

Sven Semmler

Sep 6, 2022, 12:40:52 PM9/6/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I do that with devilspie2 (lua script telling XFCE where I want each window). However, you might also want to take a look at KDE (search the forum).

Boryeu Mao

Sep 6, 2022, 1:38:20 PM9/6/22
to Sven Semmler, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thank you much.  Time to catch up a little on lua.  (Found a really nice tutorial in www.linux-magazine.com, circa 2017, which also mentioned a couple of alternatives.)

On Tuesday, September 6, 2022, Sven Semmler <Sv...@svensemmler.org> wrote:
I do that with devilspie2 (lua script telling XFCE where I want each window). However, you might also want to take a look at KDE (search the forum).

Ulrich Windl

Sep 14, 2022, 7:51:45 PM9/14/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/d3a20d7e-3f59-40d5-b633-311285161c5dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/d3a20d7e-3f59-40d5-b633-311285161c5dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Somehow that seems to have been the default in 4.0, but not in 4.1.1.

Ulrich