NO SOUND after debian 9 (stretch) upgrade + workaround

Nick Darren

Feb 12, 2017, 2:38:12 AM2/12/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wonder if anyone using debian 9 upgrade recently facing the same
problem. Luckily, I have the template backup before doing this major
upgrade on stretch.

Upgrading the template by 'apt upgrade -t stretch-testing' to enable
latest qubes candidates to grab latest 'qubes-gui-agent' doesn't solve
this issue yet.

ii libpulse-mainloop-glib0:amd64
10.0-1 amd64 PulseAudio client
libraries (glib support)
ii libpulse0:amd64
10.0-1 amd64 PulseAudio client
libraries
ii libpulsedsp:amd64
10.0-1 amd64 PulseAudio OSS
pre-load library
ii pulseaudio
10.0-1 amd64 PulseAudio sound server
ii pulseaudio-utils
10.0-1 amd64 Command line tools for
the PulseAudio sound server

PulseAudio daemon failed to start after this major upgrade.

E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.

So, right now I will hold the old 'pulseaudio 9.0' package until Marek
push the right tools on stretch-testing repo.

I have found the solution for this after looking around at 'qubes-gui-agent' source code. It seems that 'module-vchan-sink.so' doesn't appeared on '/usr/lib/pulse-10.0/modules/' after upgrading pulseaudio 10 on Debian 9.

What I did was just copying the module to the right directory. After that starting back the PulseAudio daemon and it's working as usual. Until the new 'qubes-gui-agent' available on the 'stretch-testing' repo. I think this method will just work for me right now. Hope this help everyone who got the same issue like above.

signature.asc

moei...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 6:47:02 AM7/1/17
to qubes-users
I have same problem. Thanks for you solution.