[3.2rc1] Myabe update problem? terminal do not want to start

Eva Star

Jun 26, 2016, 5:08:17 PM6/26/16
to qubes-users
I do not know what happens.

1) Maybe template update or dom0 latest update, but I can not start gnome terminal for some VMs. Most of all for TemplateVMs and for ProxyVMs. New tab appeared and pointer show "loading" then new tab close/crash without starting window,

2) sys-whonix not work for newly created VMs. For old VM it works. But when I create new VM and choose "sys-whonix" as NetVM then I start `xterm` of that wm (because gnome terminal do not work for new vms as described above, then 'ping 8.8.8.8' and it can't ping...)

3) I also not (!) on qubes manager that say that memory can not be returned from this vm.

Eva Star

Jun 26, 2016, 7:34:03 PM6/26/16
to qubes-users
I found how to fix problem with gnome terminal. It was issue with "locale".
And seems sys-whonix work, but does does not answer to ping.

Also very disappointed with Qubes shutdown :( It's never end...

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Jun 27, 2016, 4:44:30 AM6/27/16
to Eva Star, qubes-users

raah...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 2:28:45 PM6/27/16
to qubes-users
I have never ending qubes shutdown sometimes if I don't shutdown all the appvms first. Try that and see if you still get the issue.

Andrew David Wong

Jun 27, 2016, 3:15:11 PM6/27/16
to raah...@gmail.com, qubes-users