Securety: Auto shutdown pc after wakeup if no password.

evado...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2020, 4:34:38 PM10/23/20
to qubes-users

Any ideas how to start shutdown process after wake up from sleep if user will not unlock pc in expected time period (e.g. 30-60 seconds).

Maybe run some script before PC goes to sleep with timer and after it wake up timer will continue and only user will have access to click "cancel" when he will unlock the screen?

Where can I add this script on dom0? Can Qubes trigger(run) my script before sleep action or wakeup action?

Or any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

haaber

Oct 27, 2020, 4:32:29 AM10/27/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar question/idea, which would be auto-shutdown after 3 (or
any other number) false password attempts. The idea is to add a second
(luks) password layer if any stupid attempts are made.

My idea is to hook in the screensaver mechanism. In my install that
would be /etc/pam.d/xscreeensaver were system-auth is mentioned, so I
guess, I have to include a line in /etc/pam.d/system-auth to count
wrong pwd attempts and do some action if necessary. I guess something like

account required pam_exec.so debug /path/to/wrongpasswordscript.sh

in the system-auth could do the job, but I am not sure. Manipulating
unwisely these files may end with a lock-out of my system, so I'd like
some advice if this sounds correct to you, the qubes-community.

Cheers, Bernhard

evado...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2020, 8:58:11 AM10/27/20
to qubes-users

Look like I found the solution and know how to make it. Only need to develop interface & test. When I will have time and if I will not have any problems with the code it will be released.
вторник, 27 октября 2020 г. в 08:32:29 UTC, haa...@web.de:

evado...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2020, 2:51:26 PM10/27/20
to qubes-users
I wrote python program with timer to shutdown qubes after some time if it will not be canceled. It's GUI program.

I tried to start it with systemd service (wakeup / sleep.target). It report that $DISPLAY not found.

When I add
Environment=DISPLAY=:0
to my service than it report that DISPLAY not found.

So, the problem is that I don't know how to run program that request X session on Qubes if it run from service...
Any help?

вторник, 27 октября 2020 г. в 12:58:11 UTC, evado...@gmail.com: