hosts file.

Drew White

Sep 21, 2016, 9:57:39 PM9/21/16
to qubes-users
Hi Qubes devs,

Can you please point out how I can make the system STOP overwriting the HOSTS FILE?

I have different domains targeted to 127.0.0.1
then when I boot, you automatically overwrite anything that is...
127.0.0.1 mynewdomain.name

127.0.0.1 thismachinehostname

This is really frustrating.
I'm having to now alter the entire system config to target a hosts file on my RW directory.

This is a STANDALONE guest, and thus shouldn't have anything like that happening.

jkitt

Sep 22, 2016, 5:20:56 AM9/22/16
to qubes-users

you can always set the immutable attribute with: chattr +i.

This will be a guest distro specific issue and not one with Qubes.

Drew White

Sep 22, 2016, 8:38:18 PM9/22/16
to qubes-users
On Thursday, 22 September 2016 19:20:56 UTC+10, jkitt wrote:
> you can always set the immutable attribute with: chattr +i.
>
> This will be a guest distro specific issue and not one with Qubes.

You are a Qubes dev?