Fedora 25 TemplateVM upgrade fails

Gaijin

Aug 3, 2017, 8:03:44 AM8/3/17
to Qubes Users
I was upgrading some R3.2 templates from Fedora 24 to 25, and in one
TemplateVM I keep getting an error after the distro-sync step of the
upgrade. After accepting a bunch of keys the install fails with:

Public key for rpmfusion-free-appstream-data-25-3.fc25.noarch.rpm is not
installed
Failing package is rpmfusion-free-appstream-data-25-3.fc25.noarch
GPG Keys are configured as:
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-25

How do I get the right key in here so that I can continue with the
upgrade?

Gaijin

Aug 5, 2017, 1:18:25 AM8/5/17
to Qubes Users
I was able to work around this by disabling the GPG check

sudo dnf --releasever=25 distro-sync --nogpgcheck

qubester

Aug 8, 2017, 7:22:46 PM8/8/17
to qubes-users
for some reason, the reboot of the whole machine allowed it to then do
it's update, somehow I thought this isn't required with linux type
systems if anyone happens to have the same issue, now fixed