VPN issue

src11

Oct 17, 2020, 11:53:05 AM10/17/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I am using Proton VPN and am seemingly unable to get it connected using the network manager in the latest version of Qubes. I add a new VPN connection, import the .ovpn file downloaded from their site which automatically populates all the info, and then enter my username and password credentials but it won't connect and just times out. Any ideas?

Chris Laprise

Oct 17, 2020, 3:32:04 PM10/17/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Usually, importing ovpn files into NM is error prone, but this seems to
be the recommended way according to ProtonVPN's Linux guide.

You can check the system log with 'journalctl' to see what errors
openvpn is reporting.

Instead of NM, I've used ProtonVPN with my own VPN support project
without issues:

https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-vpn-support

This setup also tends to function better than NM in my experience.

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket