Connect to LAN while VPN is running?

Stumpy

Sep 17, 2017, 11:56:44 AM9/17/17
to Qubes users
I have noticed that I can't connect to my home server on my LAN when the
VPN vm is running, or at least can't connect to the LAN using AppVMs
that are using the VPN netvm.

Is there a way I can make an exception or something similar to make it
so that at least a few of my AppVMs can access the lan?

Chris Laprise

Sep 17, 2017, 12:11:10 PM9/17/17
to stu...@posteo.co, Qubes users
There have been a couple discussions about this in the past. In general,
the best way to handle this securely is to connect your LAN-using AppVMs
to a non-VPN proxyVM (sys-firewall for example) instead of the VPN VM.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://twitter.com/ttaskett

Message has been deleted

Drew White

Sep 19, 2017, 9:32:46 PM9/19/17
to qubes-users

Easiest way..

2 NetVM's.

It is the way I work it.

sys-net - sys-firewall - Some Guests
- sys-net-vpn1 - Some other Guests
- sys-net-vpn2 - Other Guests

Is that what you are wanting?

I have nm-applet and NetworkManager running in both, that way I have VPN from the VPN machines.