Passing a YubiKey to a VM?

Ulrich Windl

Feb 7, 2023, 3:24:31 PM2/7/23
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

If you cannot do "USB separation", can you allow to connect a VM to a
YubiKey attached on USB?

Or: How do you use a YubiKey (OpenPGP card, etc.) in Qubes OS?

Regards,

Ulrich

Andrew David Wong

Feb 7, 2023, 5:59:49 PM2/7/23
to Ulrich Windl, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 2/7/23 12:24 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> How do you use a YubiKey (OpenPGP card, etc.) in Qubes OS?

In case you (or anyone else reading this) has not already seen it, there is a documentation page on this:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/yubikey/

Ulrich Windl (Google)

Feb 8, 2023, 12:05:30 PM2/8/23
to Andrew David Wong, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I should have found that!

Ulrich Windl (Google)

Feb 8, 2023, 12:39:23 PM2/8/23
to Andrew David Wong, qubes...@googlegroups.com
OK,

after reading the document my original question still stands:
Not having sys-usb I can mount USB sticks by "delegating" them to a VM.
My question was whether a similar mechanism exists fur a YubiKey instead of an USB stick.

Regards,
Ulrich