Unable to Remove Template / Preun: Domain not found

entr0py

Aug 17, 2016, 3:17:38 PM8/17/16
to qubes-users
New Qubes 3.1 installation with Advanced (No Configuration) option.

After restoring dom0 + serviceVMs + serviceTemplates, tried to
`sudo yum remove qubes-template-fedora-23`

libvirt.libvirtError: Domain not found [from libvirt.py line 4066 lookupByName]

`sudo yum list qubes-template-fedora-23` shows template installed from @anaconda/R3.1 repo.

`sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-23` returns
"No Match for argument qubes-template-fedora-23"

Thanks for help.

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

Andrew David Wong

Aug 18, 2016, 1:41:58 AM8/18/16
to entr0py, qubes-users

3n7r...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 3:04:01 PM8/18/16
to qubes-users, 3n7...@vfemail.net

Yes, `installed_by_rpm : True`

Does this have to do with the fact that the template was installed by the installer without any pre-configuration?

Is the preun script necessary? Can't find the thread where Marek suggested --no-script...

Or maybe some way to reset rpm?

3n7r...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2016, 7:07:09 PM8/20/16
to qubes-users

Duh. Issue resolved.

The template needs to be updated! before it can be removed... Seems odd, but given the interplay between templates & dom0, I guess it's not that surprising.

Maybe better question is, why was the template installed to begin with when I opted out of any initial configuration?

Andrew David Wong

Aug 20, 2016, 7:10:36 PM8/20/16
to 3n7r...@gmail.com, qubes-users

On 2016-08-20 16:07, 3n7r...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 7:04:01 PM UTC, 3n7r...@gmail.com wrote:

> Just a quick check: If you do "qvm-prefs -l fedora-23" (in dom0), is the
> value for installed_by_rpm "True"?
>

>> Yes, `installed_by_rpm : True`
>>
>> Does this have to do with the fact that the template was installed by
>> the installer without any pre-configuration?
>>
>> Is the preun script necessary? Can't find the thread where Marek
>> suggested --no-script...
>>
>> Or maybe some way to reset rpm?
>
> Duh. Issue resolved.
>
> The template needs to be updated! before it can be removed... Seems odd,
> but given the interplay between templates & dom0, I guess it's not that
> surprising.
>
> Maybe better question is, why was the template installed to begin with when
> I opted out of any initial configuration?

That's a known bug, recently fixed:

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org

3n7r...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2016, 7:19:47 PM8/20/16
to qubes-users

> > Maybe better question is, why was the template installed to begin with when
> > I opted out of any initial configuration?
> >

> That's a known bug, recently fixed:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2105

I'm getting quite good at finding bugs - six months after the fact. :/