Failed qubesd deamon connection

camm...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2019, 4:42:36 PM7/8/19
to qubes-users
I have tried everything on the internet to solve my problem it says Start-limit-hit. I try you post in another chat nano var/lib/qubes/qubes.xml.resut no directory exist.
I try everything else I find on the web withe no solution. I have photos I don't want to lost and work stuff I need.
Please help me.

camm...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2019, 5:00:39 PM7/8/19
to qubes-users

awokd

Jul 8, 2019, 9:43:14 PM7/8/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
camm...@gmail.com:
Provide text log file of "sudo journalctl -b" output. Note you may want
to edit out hardware serial #s, etc.

camm...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2019, 7:43:11 AM7/10/19
to qubes-users

https://ibb.co/9h1ftRV
https://ibb.co/BPkP5xh
https://ibb.co/Jjfw788
https://ibb.co/pZfmbhw
https://ibb.co/r7bG2Tt
https://ibb.co/Yj855pZ
https://ibb.co/318v99W
https://ibb.co/RjSB7qJ
https://ibb.co/W6SJZQm
https://ibb.co/tY7mnbv
https://ibb.co/wz7TCTm
https://ibb.co/BtYyw8y
https://ibb.co/wpq7gts
https://ibb.co/KD8qZ1V
https://ibb.co/WvDKkZS
https://ibb.co/276gsbw
https://ibb.co/4gXZ3Rc
https://ibb.co/QfgJjmP
https://ibb.co/c27y82v
https://ibb.co/kcCLfT8
https://ibb.co/L87KrZs

These are links to images I take.
I can make for you a video and send if you want. It is about 3500 lines total.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much. I really like qubes no problems until I put USB to transfer photos. Then after this problem occurs. I use same USB everything nothing new. Only one computer and 1 camera that's it.

Thank you very much.

awokd

Jul 10, 2019, 11:46:11 AM7/10/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
camm...@gmail.com:
Appreciate the time it took to make all those pictures, but I was
looking for a text file instead? You should be able to mount a USB drive
from the command line and copy it out.

camm...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2019, 1:58:52 PM7/11/19
to qubes-users
On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 18:46:11 UTC+3, awokd wrote:
> r...@gmail.com:

I have no experience in doing this. Can you give me order and I will make it now

I wait for you. Thank you thank you very much friend.

camm...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2019, 5:54:37 PM7/13/19
to qubes-users
On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 18:46:11 UTC+3, awokd wrote:

I am at [root@dom0 usb-drive]# cp
What do I type in to copy the file to usb. I don't want you to think I haven't tried for a good 10hrs but I couldn't find fill directory. Do maybe I need to create it??
Please advise. Thank you

awokd

Jul 13, 2019, 5:58:56 PM7/13/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
camm...@gmail.com:
If you have the usb drive mounted and are in its directory:

sudo journalctl -b > ./journal.log

camm...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2019, 8:44:48 PM8/5/19
to qubes-users
On Sunday, 14 July 2019 00:58:56 UTC+3, awokd wrote:
> r...@gmail.com:

Finally had screen replaced
This is the link https://ufile.io/l9rf93tw

Please tell me if need anything more to help fix problem.

awokd

Aug 6, 2019, 2:07:00 AM8/6/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
camm...@gmail.com:
This is the problem:
lvm[796]: WARNING: Thin pool qubes_dom0-pool00-tpool data is now 99.07%
full.

The good news is that it looks like there is no volume corruption, so
you should be able to recover everything.

Do this:
sudo nano /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg
Delete only "rd.qubes.hide_all_usb" from each line
Ctrl-x Y to save
type reboot

When you get back to a command line, attach a formatted USB drive large
enough to hold all your data. The next steps will copy your data out
unencrypted.

mkdir src
mkdir dst
sudo mount /dev/sdc1 [wherever your USB drive shows up, might not be
sdc1, use sudo fdisk -l to find it] dst
ls /dev/mapper
See all the volumes named --private at the end? Those contain your data.
So go through them one by one and copy it out. Replace "vault" with the
volume you are working on:
sudo mount /dev/mapper/qubes_dom0-vm--vault--private src
mkdir dst/vault
cp -R src/home/user dst/vault
sudo umount src
Then repeat above 4 steps for the next volumes.
Once done,
sudo umount dst
Attach your USB drive to a different computer and verify you can browse
the data.

awokd

Aug 6, 2019, 2:11:01 AM8/6/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
'awokd' via qubes-users:
Hit send before I meant to. Another option could be to delete volumes
for VMs you aren't using to free up some space. Then Qubes should start
normally, and you could use Qubes Backup. Be careful with that though,
you don't want to delete volumes you actually need.

Gerhold, Jörg IHKDRE

Aug 15, 2019, 5:16:24 AM8/15/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2019, 5:57:17 PM8/23/19
to qubes-users
Different email same person.
Now when I go to boot it up to do as you said it keep taking me to my other boot,linux mint, I try to repair it with boot qubes troubleshooting and still same result. What can I do now?

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2019, 5:58:38 PM8/23/19
to qubes-users

awokd

Aug 23, 2019, 6:40:51 PM8/23/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
canmasa...@gmail.com:
> Different email same person.
> Now when I go to boot it up to do as you said it keep taking me to my other boot,linux mint, I try to repair it with boot qubes troubleshooting and still same result. What can I do now?

Mount the Qubes LVM partition from within Mint and extract your data
that way. If you need steps on how to go about it, search this mailing
list- think I might have described or linked them here before.

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 7:03:37 AM8/24/19
to qubes-users
You have been really great for helping me and others. I am very appreciate this. I just want you to just help me with baby steps to fix this issue now. I looked all over here and on web to mount qubes lvm in mint distro but result is always invalid. I really learned a lot but I just want to save my files now and reinstall qubes for daily use on my main pc. I love it but this problem just have to stop. I hope I can finish this today before I get busy again.

Please step by step to save my files from within mint. My qubes is encrypted. Hope that doesn't effect the result I want. I wait for you.

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 7:19:53 AM8/24/19
to qubes-users
mount /dev/sda8 /mnt
Mount: /mnt: unknown filesystem type 'crypto_luks' is the result

Other attempt is CD and result is no such file dir.

unman

Aug 24, 2019, 7:45:55 AM8/24/19
to qubes-users
`sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda8 8`

Enter password and decrypt

`sudo mount /dev/mapper/8 /mnt`

When you are done:
sudo umount /mnt
sudo cryptsetup luksClose 8

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 11:35:34 AM8/24/19
to qubes-users
Result: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 11:42:12 AM8/24/19
to qubes-users
This is after decrypt

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 11:56:06 AM8/24/19
to qubes-users

awokd

Aug 24, 2019, 12:38:31 PM8/24/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
canmasa...@gmail.com:
> Result: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'

https://www.mail-archive.com/qubes...@googlegroups.com/msg25466.html

Nothing about LVM commands is Qubes specific, so you don't need to
include that in your searches.

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 1:20:15 PM8/24/19
to qubes-users

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 1:21:40 PM8/24/19
to qubes-users
I have put into this so much time to save my files. I hope I didn't do something for harming them

awokd

Aug 24, 2019, 1:43:14 PM8/24/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
canmasa...@gmail.com:
> I have put into this so much time to save my files. I hope I didn't do something for harming them

It's possible. Would have been a good idea to run the commands I gave
you a couple weeks ago back then.

Don't put screenshots here if you can help it. Copy and paste the text
out instead.

Do a "vgchange -ay qubes_dom0" instead of individual volumes.

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 2:21:42 PM8/24/19
to qubes-users
Result:
/usr/sbin/thin_check: execvp failed: No such file or directory
1 logical volume(s) in volume group "qubes_dom0" now active

From the time you sent me the message until yesterday I was not able to use my computer busy at work. Very tired. Now I try and it doesn't take me to system. Soryy for the headache

canmasa...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 2:24:49 PM8/24/19
to qubes-users
I have determination to finish tonight. And reinstall I hope this will happen

awokd

Aug 24, 2019, 2:37:56 PM8/24/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
canmasa...@gmail.com:
Look for my direct email to you. Check your spam folder. Reply there if
needed.