HVM linux creating problem

m.j....@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2016, 10:23:54 AM10/8/16
to qubes-users
hello, i'm just starting with qubes and wanted to have vm with intellij installed.

i've choosen hvm to have my working apps only on one vm than via template.
so i run these command:

qvm-start test --cdrom=work-net:/home/Downloads/mint.iso

and got these errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/qvm-start", line 136, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/qvm-start", line 120, in main
xid = vm.start(verbose=options.verbose, preparing_dvm=options.preparing_dvm, start_guid=not options.noguid, notify_function=tray_notify_generic if options.tray else None)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/01QubesHVm.py", line 335, in start
return super(QubesHVm, self).start(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py", line 1942, in start
self._update_libvirt_domain()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py", line 755, in _update_libvirt_domain
raise e
libvirt.libvirtError: XML error: Invalid PCI address 0000:00:00, at least one of domain, bus, or slot must be > 0

Andrew David Wong

Oct 8, 2016, 9:29:37 PM10/8/16
to m.j....@gmail.com, qubes-users

Jeremy Rand

Oct 11, 2016, 12:35:03 AM10/11/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
m.j....@gmail.com:
> hello, i'm just starting with qubes and wanted to have vm with intellij installed.
>
> i've choosen hvm to have my working apps only on one vm than via template.

Why are you using an HVM for that rather than a PV StandaloneVM? Am I
missing something?

Cheers,
-Jeremy

signature.asc

raah...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2016, 12:46:34 AM10/11/16
to qubes-users

you could always clone a template to have another one.

Maciej Sikora

Oct 13, 2016, 1:28:51 PM10/13/16
to qubes-users, m.j....@gmail.com
W dniu niedziela, 9 października 2016 03:29:37 UTC+2 użytkownik Andrew David Wong napisał:

> Do you have any PCI devices assigned to the HVM?

Well. Yes, after i unassigned device there was some other errors, but since i used GUI option to add CD image from other VM and devices was unassigned, it worked.

I'm afraid, that since i was unable to use the terminal command first place, i assigned many PCI devices just to see if it will work, and then forgot about it.

HVM running and working,
thank you all!
MS

P.S.
Besides, well, i think that anyway i will create separate template for that, it will be more efficient and i will not be wandering how to resize HVM resolution