Qubes 3.2 install problem: Encryption requested for LUKS device sda2 but no encryption key specified

Pawel Debski

Jul 7, 2017, 1:27:09 PM7/7/17
to qubes-users
Folks,

I'm trying to install Qubes 3.2. It falls-back to the text mode and when choosing LVM I get:

autopart failed
Encryption requested for LUKS device sda2 but no encryption key specified for this device

how do I specify the encryption key?

Richard Brown

Jul 7, 2017, 5:23:36 PM7/7/17
to qubes-users
Confirmed.
I'm having the same issue.

Christian Merrill

Jul 7, 2017, 8:20:12 PM7/7/17
to qubes-users
This is similar to the issue I have as well.

Cheers,
Christian

cooloutac

Jul 8, 2017, 11:39:05 PM7/8/17
to qubes-users

cooloutac

Jul 8, 2017, 11:43:09 PM7/8/17
to qubes-users

Pawel Debski

Jul 9, 2017, 10:57:48 AM7/9/17
to qubes-users
This is to inform you that Qubes-DVD-x86_64-20170706 behaves exactly the same way. Apparently there is something wrong with the installer that prevents installation on non-standard hardware.