whonix-ws-15-dvm terminal opens in template

tetra...@danwin1210.me

Oct 21, 2019, 9:16:06 AM10/21/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Expected behavior:

choosing "Disposable: whonix-ws-15 dvm" | Xfce Terminal from the
applications menu opens a terminal window in a new DispVM

Actual behavior:

terminal opens in the whonix-ws-15-dvm template (equivalent to qvm-run
-a)

did I miss something somewhere, or is this a bug?

Jackie

Oct 21, 2019, 8:09:54 PM10/21/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
tetrahedra via qubes-users:
Is the appmenus-dispvm feature turned on for the dvm template?

qvm-features dvm-template-name appmenus-dispvm 1

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/disposablevm-customization/

tetra...@danwin1210.me

Oct 22, 2019, 12:08:53 AM10/22/19
to Jackie, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:09:27AM +0000, 'Jackie' via qubes-users wrote:
>Is the appmenus-dispvm feature turned on for the dvm template?
>
>qvm-features dvm-template-name appmenus-dispvm 1
>
>https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/disposablevm-customization/

Tor Browser opens in a DispVM (only xfce-terminal opens in the template)
and `qvm-features dvm-template-name` returns
appmenus-dispvm 1

awokd

Oct 28, 2019, 10:57:46 AM10/28/19
to tetra...@danwin1210.me, qubes...@googlegroups.com
tetrahedra via qubes-users:
If you haven't already, try deleting and recreating the DVM template.

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions