3.2 rc3 Install app crashing

Philo Phineas Frederiksen

Sep 20, 2016, 10:32:43 PM9/20/16
to qubes-users
I'm trying to install into a preexisting encrypted btrfs partition.

One: The installer won't create /boot on encrypted btrfs. What's up with that? My Manjaro /boot lives there, and works just fine.

Two: I put /boot on a USB key. Create /, /var, and /home subvolumes on the btrfs partition, plus the use the preexisting /boot/efi partition. Plus I unlock the swap partition... there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the install app to use it... will it do so automatically?

Then the installer crashes.

I saw something about 4.0 coming soon. Should I just wait for that?

Andrew David Wong

Sep 21, 2016, 6:25:34 AM9/21/16
to Philo Phineas Frederiksen, qubes-users

Philo Phineas Frederiksen

Sep 22, 2016, 4:53:54 AM9/22/16
to Andrew David Wong, qubes-users

On 2016-09-21 03:25, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> On 2016-09-20 19:32, Philo Phineas Frederiksen wrote:
>> I'm trying to install into a preexisting encrypted btrfs partition.
>>
>> One: The installer won't create /boot on encrypted btrfs. What's up with that? My Manjaro /boot lives there, and works just fine.
>>
> I wonder if this is somehow related:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2294
>
> Are any of the comments on that issue helpful to you?

Yes this seems to be related.

I should have noted that the crash happens during the install process
itself.