HDMI not working on my Dell Inspiron 17 7999

Jonathann Giroux

Dec 3, 2016, 3:18:35 PM12/3/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Hello guys, I just install Qubes on my Dell Inspiron 17 7999 and it's working greatexcept for te hdmi port. My second screen in hdmi is not working at all. Any ideas why? Thanks. 😊

Sent from Samsung tablet

Marc de Bruin

Jan 6, 2017, 2:33:22 PM1/6/17
to qubes-users, jonathan...@gmail.com
On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 9:18:35 PM UTC+1, Jonathann Giroux wrote:
> Hello guys, I just install Qubes on my Dell Inspiron 17 7999 and it's working greatexcept for te hdmi port. My second screen in hdmi is not working at all. Any ideas why? Thanks. 😊

I'm also having problems with getting HDMI to work on a Dell. In my case a Dell XPS 15, model 9550.

Did you manage to solve it? xrandr does show HDMI1 and HDMI2 but no resolutions available to choose from.

Tnx,
Marc.