Query - Why unable to clone net-sys VM ?

Steve

Jan 12, 2017, 10:05:32 AM1/12/17
to qubes-users
my default net-sys includes both Ethernet and Wifi. I wanted to split them out into
net-sys-eth and
net-sys-wifi

each with the appropriate PCI device. I tried to clone the net-sys but it is greyed out and I was wondering why

Ángel

Jan 12, 2017, 6:29:45 PM1/12/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Probably because it is running. Stop the VM before attempting to clone it.
Also, you will need to remove one of the pci devices while it is
stopped, as those cannot be edited while it is running (nor can you
attach the same pci to two VMs).

Steve

Jan 12, 2017, 11:26:35 PM1/12/17
to qubes-users, qu...@16bits.net
I had everything shutdown apart from Dom0 but still greyed out. Doesn't look like its possible to clone sys-net

Connor Page

Jan 13, 2017, 9:52:21 AM1/13/17
to qubes-users
you would have to create a new VM, configure it properly and then copy the private image from the source VM.
same limitation apply to proxyvms :(

tezeb

Jan 13, 2017, 11:40:17 AM1/13/17
to Steve, qubes-users, qu...@16bits.net