Can't install Qubes

RGK

Apr 24, 2017, 1:52:17 AM4/24/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've tried Rufus to install to USB using DD image, but I can't disable all UEFI options. F1 config setup option for this is grayed-out. I've sent email to sup...@computerupgradeking.com - the party where I bought this from. Waiting for their reply.

I've also burned the ISO to DVD. It boots from it, but won't install. It just goes into reboot loop.

Here are pics of S/N, model # and brief specs.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank You for your time.

Rod

Laptops __ ThinkPad T Series laptops __ T450s Laptop (ThinkPad) __ 20BX __ 001PUS - Lenovo Support (US).png

Thomas Hutchinson

Apr 24, 2017, 3:01:46 PM4/24/17
to RGK, qubes-users
Hi Rod,

I remember having trouble getting the installer to work when I tried
it on Windows with Rufus. Making the USB key on Mac and Linux with dd
has worked for me. Perhaps boot to a Linux livecd and burn the image
from there?

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

Are you just having trouble getting to the BIOS/firmware settings? Is
this your problem?
https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/34fay2/help_brand_new_t450s_cannot_access_bios/

Regards,

Tom