Fedora 31 has reached EOL

Andrew David Wong

Nov 24, 2020, 11:02:09 AM11/24/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Dear Qubes Community,

Fedora 31 has reached EOL (end-of-life [1]). If you have not already
done so, we strongly recommend upgrading your Fedora 31 TemplateVMs and
StandaloneVMs to Fedora 32 immediately. We provide step-by-step upgrade
instructions for upgrading Fedora TemplateVMs [2]. For a complete list
of TemplateVM versions supported for your specific version of Qubes, see
the list of supported TemplateVM versions [3].

We also provide a fresh Fedora 32 TemplateVM package through the
official Qubes repositories, which you can install in dom0 by following
the standard installation instructions [4].

After upgrading your TemplateVMs, please remember to switch all qubes
that were using the old template to use the new one [5].

Please note that no user action is required regarding the OS version in
dom0. For details, please see our note on dom0 and EOL [6].

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/End_of_life
[2] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/template/fedora/upgrade/
[3] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/supported-versions/#templatevms
[4] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/#installing
[5] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/#switching
[6] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/supported-versions/#note-on-dom0-and-eol

This announcement is also available on the Qubes website:
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2020/11/24/fedora-31-eol/

--
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS