anybody elses chrome having trouble playing media files at times.

raah...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2016, 5:46:56 PM12/20/16
to qubes-users
I have to reset preferences. even deleted the vm it comes back. for example bandcamp or soundcloud, you click and nothing happens, it constantly tries to load/play but nothing. I'm ready to go back to firefox for a while again but unfortunately firefox don't work fullscreen, so we kind of stuck with chrome on Qubes.

I've always switched back and forth over the years on baremetal o/s's. Sometimes I feel its necessary.

Patrick Bouldin

Dec 20, 2016, 9:02:36 PM12/20/16
to qubes-users, raah...@gmail.com
On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 5:46:56 PM UTC-5, raah...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have to reset preferences. even deleted the vm it comes back. for example bandcamp or soundcloud, you click and nothing happens, it constantly tries to load/play but nothing. I'm ready to go back to firefox for a while again but unfortunately firefox don't work fullscreen, so we kind of stuck with chrome on Qubes.
>
> I've always switched back and forth over the years on baremetal o/s's. Sometimes I feel its necessary.

Question, are you plugging in at the standard mini jack on the machine or are you by chance plugging into the audio jack of an hdmi monitor? I was using the hdmi monitor and had serious intermittent issues. Once I replugged into the standard audio output it was 100%. Note: I downloaded Google Chrome into the Fedora VM template and run ALL the audio within Chrome. I had problems running some sound out of the other browsers so I just use Chrome now.

Patrick
Dallas

raah...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2016, 10:44:30 PM12/21/16
to qubes-users, raah...@gmail.com
standard. but yes i have not been able to get audio through hdmi either on my board to a 2nd monitor. but I don't need so haven't bothered to tinker further.

but his issue of google ot playing the music from bandcamp.com or soundcloud is weird. I have to go into the googe settings and reset the preferences and then it works again.