can not upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 missing dependancies

ludwig jaffe

Nov 28, 2016, 3:40:22 PM11/28/16
to qubes-users
Hi,
I tried to tutorial at https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/upgrade-to-r3.2/ but it did not work.
The only thing, that works was to skip the problematic broken packages, but this roughly just gave me new xen and kernel.
See the "logs".

So what to do, my system was not specially set-up. Just 3.1 on a dual core core i5 laptop.

Cheers,

Ludwig

cant_update.txt
update3.2_skip_depend.txt
update_to3.2_problem.txt

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 28, 2016, 6:54:20 PM11/28/16
to ludwig jaffe, qubes-users

raah...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2016, 11:11:59 PM11/30/16
to qubes-users

same thing happened to me twice. I just make sure now to back up vms. they restored no problem after a clean install last time.