How to download and install Broadcom BCM43224 to Qubes

Urfey

May 10, 2017, 12:27:45 PM5/10/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
When I try initial setup,Qubes always freeze at networking setup.
So I didn't coufigure anything. Then I created sys-net and sys-firewall manually.
But when I started the VMs,it freezed again.

I guess because of my wireless device.My wireless device is Broadcom BCM43224.

So I want to install Broadcom BCM43224 firmware. But I don't know how I can download and install to the firmware package to Qubes.

So could you teach me how to do it?

I created sys-net by Debian-based VM.

thank you.

Chris Laprise

May 10, 2017, 12:53:29 PM5/10/17
to Urfey, qubes...@googlegroups.com
See Debian documentation:

https://wiki.debian.org/brcm80211https://wiki.debian.org/brcm80211

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett

wordsw...@gmail.com

May 17, 2017, 5:45:46 PM5/17/17
to qubes-users, ur...@protonmail.com
I came up against this same chip, and personally was not able to make it work. I purchased another, more linux-friendly chip that was compatible with my system.

Best of luck.

cooloutac

May 17, 2017, 10:14:30 PM5/17/17
to qubes-users, ur...@protonmail.com
On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 12:27:45 PM UTC-4, Urfey wrote:
only add the wireless controller to the sys-usb not the ethernet one and see if that works. disable ethernet one in bios and see if that works.

make sysnet template debian based and try instructions Chris linked although on that list it says hasn't been tested yet for that model card.