Creating App Shortcut for a Single AppVM Doesn't Work

pudding

Oct 11, 2019, 9:03:34 PM10/11/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I downloaded the AppImage version of KeePassXC, moved it to an Debian
10-based AppVM "kpxc", and wanted to create a dom0 startmenu entry for
it. I followed the "If you only want to create a shortcut for a single
AppVM..." part of the guide here:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/managing-appvm-shortcuts/ , but after
completing the steps and rebooting, there is still no entry of KeePassXC
under kpxc in the startmenu, and I couldn't figure out why. Here's the
content of ~/.local/share/applications/kpxc-KeePassXC.desktop which I
wrote:

Version=1.0

Type=Application

Terminal=false

Name=kpxc: KeePassXC

GenericName=kpxc: Password Manager

Comment=Manage Passwords

Exec=qvm-run kpxc '~/Desktop/KeePassXC.AppImage'

Both dom0 and Debian template are updated to the lastest stable.

Any help would be appreciated!

Guerlan

Oct 11, 2019, 11:27:24 PM10/11/19
to qubes-users
I uses gnome shortcut editor to create the desktop file (optional) and saved to desktop. Then I double clicked it in the file manager and opened the program one time. Then I think I rebooted (I don't remember) but it was there in the qubes settings->applications

hope it helps

pudding

Oct 12, 2019, 4:11:50 AM10/12/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Hello Guerian,

I just fixed it myself. Turns out I was being stupid and forgot to add "[Desktop Entry]" in the first line of my kpxc-KeePassXC.desktop file, so this is purely my own mistake. :\ Anyway, thanks for your reply!