Qubes OS 3.2 NUC7i7BNH network driver issue

wannabe...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2017, 2:34:15 PM7/13/17
to qubes-users
NUC7i7BNH 32GB RAM 500GB M2

I was able to load Qubes 3.2 using a efi bootloader.

I am assuming with bleeding edge hardware that issues may pop-up here and there.

My current issue is the ethernet driver in sys-net.

lspci drivers are there and firmware version 20160609-66.gita4bbc811.fc23.noarch.

"Dom0" dmesg output:

pciback: driver tried to write to read-only configuration space. (bolded, not in red) See permissive attributes in sysfs.

At the moment I am not able to use sys-net when I assign a static or dhcp IP.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Grzesiek Chodzicki

Jul 13, 2017, 4:14:54 PM7/13/17
to qubes-users, wannabe...@gmail.com
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/assigning-devices/
Go to possible issues and tr both fixes.

wannabe...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2017, 6:34:26 PM7/13/17
to qubes-users, wannabe...@gmail.com
I tried both. I am running Qubes OS 3.2

DMA buffer size: qvm-prefs netvm = "netvm does not exist"

PCI passthrough issues:
systemctl enable qubes-pre-netvm.service = "Failed to execute operation, File exist"
Do I need to chmod to match qubes_netvm.service?

No luck.

Brian May

Jul 18, 2017, 9:35:01 PM7/18/17
to qubes-users
Does the firmware version I stated support Intel I219-V? This is the NIC in the new NUC i7 gen 7

wannabe...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2017, 4:42:50 PM7/29/17
to qubes-users, wannabe...@gmail.com
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 4:14:54 PM UTC-4, Grzesiek Chodzicki wrote:
Tried both fixes with no luck.

kernelopts : nopat iommu=soft swiotlb=8192 (default)

pciback 0000:XX:XX.X: enabling permissive mode configuration space accesses!
permissive mode is potential unsafe!

xen_pciback: vpci: 0000:XX:XX.X: assign to virtual slot 0

Still no wired network connection.

Unman

Jul 29, 2017, 7:01:21 PM7/29/17
to wannabe...@gmail.com, qubes-users
Intel only assert that Windows is supported.
There are no customer reports of Linux working on the NUC7i7BNH, but
there are reviews indicating success with Ubuntu 16.10 - specifically ,
wifi and network working.
You don't say which Templates you have tried - I'm sure the base one
installed wont cut it. Try stretch or Fed25, or maybe build a zesty
from source - and you'll need a recent kernel - there's an ongoing
thread about this on the list

Good Luck

unman
Message has been deleted

wannabe...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2017, 9:43:24 PM7/30/17
to qubes-users, wannabe...@gmail.com, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org
Unman,

I have only tried the default Fed23 and debian 8 templates. I am currently trying a intel driver install in dom0. I will try Fed25 and debian stretch next.

I will update with progress.