Unable to install SEH UTN Manager in Win7 hvm

Jarle Thorsen

Nov 23, 2016, 2:53:31 AM11/23/16
to qubes-users
I am unable to install SEH UTN Manager (https://www.seh-technology.com/fileadmin/user/downloads/deviceserver/tools/sehutnmanager-win-3.0.21.zip) in my win7 hvm.

I have tried both with/without QWT installed.

The problem seems to be related to signing of the driver, see attached screenshots.

I never had any problems getting this working outside of QubesOS, so I'm guessing this is a QubesOS/XEN limitation?

Feel free to download and install SEH UTN Manager from the link provided.

Hope somebody is able to explain why this is failing in QubesOS, and if there is a way forward?

UTN.PNG
UTN2.PNG

Jarle Thorsen

Dec 23, 2016, 9:09:53 AM12/23/16
to qubes-users
With help from the support-team at SEH Computertechnik (the company behind the product) we have now figured out that this problem is limited to the latest version of SEH UTN Manager only. Probably related to SHA2 signing of drivers. I have now installed UTN Manager 3.0.18 and it works without a hitch!