sys-gui-gpu

Qubes

Jul 19, 2022, 6:14:26 AM7/19/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I am in the process of trying out sys-gui-gpu. The SaltStack formula
just completed but there is something unclear from what just happened.
Right at the end it started listing all of the VMs and next to all of
them it says "SKIP (nothing to do)". With the exception of the
fedora-36-xfce that the formula added that is used as the template for
sys-gui-gpu where it says "OK"

What has been skipped on all of the VMs that was ok on sys-gui-gpu?

Qubes

Jul 19, 2022, 11:02:48 AM7/19/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
At the end of the procedure, GPU "GuiVM sys-gui-gpu" in documents,
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/guivm-configuration/, it says "At this
point, you need to reboot your Qubes OS machine in order to boot into
sys-gui-gpu". I assume at this point sys-gui-gpu should be set to start
automatically?

Mine was not, for what ever reason so i manually set it to autostart at
system boot, but unfortunately this resulted in system failure. As soon
as sys-gui-gpu booted my screen went black and i had to hard reset and
boot with the "qubes.skip_autostart" GRUB boot parameter.

I am trying to figure out if i did something wrong or if my system just
doesn't work with sys-gui-gpu and i should alternatively try the the
"Hybrid GuiVM sys-gui" instead.