Building Centos template conflict error?

Tim W

Feb 13, 2018, 9:47:38 AM2/13/18
to qubes-users
I was having issues building Centos template for 4.0 so I decided to first see if it would build for 3.2.

Doing setup script templates only. I editing example-confg 3.2 conf file and removed the FC version from DISTS_VM line.

I built it per component and it fails on the last one linux-template-builder.
os

In the centos7-template.log it shows the following conflict error

file /etc/dconf/profile/user from install of qubes-core-vm-3.2.23-1.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dconf-0.26.0-2.el7.x86_64

Ultimately I want to build these for 4.0 but figured first getting it working for 3.2 as its suppose to work there already.

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Feb 13, 2018, 5:07:32 PM2/13/18
to qubes-users
The template for CentOS in Q4 is still not completely achieved. I still need time to fix several things.

Tim W

Feb 14, 2018, 12:30:37 AM2/14/18
to qubes-users
But the error I am getting is for Q-3.2 not 4.0. Its listed in my first post,

I had not included the 4.0 errors as I thought it might just be a needed update of software version or module but here they are from 4.0 in case they are of any use to you.

Error: Package: python3-qubesimgconverter-4.0.15-1.el7.centos.x86_64 (template-builder-repo)
Requires: python3-pillow
Error: Package: python2-qubesimgconverter-4.0.15-1.el7.centos.x86_64 (template-builder-repo)
Requires: python2-numpy
Error: Package: python2-qubesimgconverter-4.0.15-1.el7.centos.x86_64 (template-builder-repo)
Requires: python2-pillow
Error: Package: python3-qubesimgconverter-4.0.15-1.el7.centos.x86_64 (template-builder-repo)
Requires: python3-numpy

Shouldn't 3.2 still be buildable ?

Instead in 3.2 I am getting the following during $ make linux-template-builder :
Message has been deleted

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Feb 14, 2018, 11:46:32 AM2/14/18
to qubes-users
Sorry I read too fastly. The errors in Q4 for the python dependencies are exactly some of the reasons why it is long to do the template. Some python3 packages are not built for CentOS...For you problem I need to perform the rebuild with the latest version of r3.2 packages. I keep you in touch.

Tim W

Feb 15, 2018, 12:47:05 AM2/15/18
to qubes-users
Sounds good. I figured that was the issue for the Q4 but Q3.2 error was the one that surprised me as its been a good build in the past.

Just an FYI I am building this in F23 but did bring in the correct python2.sh. Have had no issues building standard Q3.2 and 4.0 ISOs.

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Feb 21, 2018, 1:19:43 PM2/21/18
to qubes-users
Le mardi 13 février 2018 15:47:38 UTC+1, Tim W a écrit :
I solved the problem. You can track the update here: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-core-agent-linux/pull/97

I succeed to build the template in R3.2. The R4.0 is still pending...

Tim W

Feb 21, 2018, 8:28:23 PM2/21/18
to qubes-users
AWESOME!!!

Thanks for taking the time post the update. I will build as soon as I get home and report back.

Should it build ok as part of the qubes os iso as well?

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Feb 22, 2018, 12:29:28 PM2/22/18
to qubes-users
Le jeudi 22 février 2018 02:28:23 UTC+1, Tim W a écrit :
> AWESOME!!!
> Thanks for taking the time post the update. I will build as soon as I get home and report back.

You's welcome. No problem, the time Marek do the necessary, you can cherry pick the commit.

> Should it build ok as part of the qubes os iso as well?

You mean you want to build it and generate an ISO with CentOS? Sure you can.

Tim W

Feb 26, 2018, 6:30:10 PM2/26/18
to qubes-users
Great that was failing basically on all non standard templates i.e. not fedora, debain, or whonix. They would all fail but it seems each had issues ubuntu, centos, arch. Seems they are each getting fixed for 3.2 and getting updated for 4.0 now. I was just testing to ensure things were still working for building as I know many prefer to build their own iso and templates vs binary. I am one. Figured if docs had to be updated I would do that but it seems at most just a tweak or two in docs is all thats needed.

Thanks again for you and Marek getting it working

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Feb 27, 2018, 2:37:46 AM2/27/18
to qubes-users
Le mardi 27 février 2018 00:30:10 UTC+1, Tim W a écrit :
> Great that was failing basically on all non standard templates i.e. not fedora, debain, or whonix. They would all fail but it seems each had issues ubuntu, centos, arch. Seems they are each getting fixed for 3.2 and getting updated for 4.0 now. I was just testing to ensure things were still working for building as I know many prefer to build their own iso and templates vs binary. I am one. Figured if docs had to be updated I would do that but it seems at most just a tweak or two in docs is all thats needed.

Indeed, it was just an adjustment with respect to the rpm spec of the conflicting package. CentOS is shipping a file in their own dconf but not Fedora. Recently a file /etc/dconf/profile/user has been used and provided by Qubes and that is why there was a recent conflict. The template for R4.0 is on the road! I finished last week to do all the necessary and Marek is currently implementing it.

> Thanks again for you and Marek getting it working

You're welcome.

Tim W

Mar 2, 2018, 3:41:29 AM3/2/18
to qubes-users
Just tried to build the standard template only under 3.2 and got this conflict

Transaction check error:
file /etc/dconf/profile/user from install of qubes-core-vm-3.2.25-1.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dconf-0.26.0-2.el7.x86_64

It fails on $make template

Unman

Mar 2, 2018, 4:05:30 AM3/2/18
to Tim W, qubes-users
It's the same conflict - I guess you need to wait for the change to be
merged to 3.2

Tim W

Mar 2, 2018, 10:14:51 PM3/2/18
to qubes-users
Yes sorry about that it was very late and I was a bit punchy.

Tim W

Mar 4, 2018, 12:45:21 AM3/4/18
to qubes-users
Since Marek updated the qubes builder to address the security bulletin issue the tag for centos is no longer valid so it fails the update after choosing the centos template with a invalid / no valid tag found error but does proceed to allow choosing of the templates to build.

Tim W

Mar 4, 2018, 12:48:50 AM3/4/18
to qubes-users
[user@Build-Qubes qubes-builder]$ make get-sources
-> Updating sources for builder-centos...
--> Fetching from https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder-centos.git master...
--> Verifying tags...
No valid signed tag found!
---> One of invalid tag:
object cfc7d315cfdfe493a86f103a0825ba630339ab8f
type commit
tag mm_cfc7d315
tagger Marek Marczykowski-Górecki <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> 1519612572 +0100

Tag for commit cfc7d315cfdfe493a86f103a0825ba630339ab8f
gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir `/home/user/qubes-builder/keyrings/git'
gpg: Signature made Sun 25 Feb 2018 09:36:12 PM EST using RSA key ID 42CFA724
gpg: Good signature from "Marek Marczykowski-Górecki (Qubes OS signing key) <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com>"
Makefile:190: recipe for target 'builder-centos.get-sources' failed
make: *** [builder-centos.get-sources] Error 1