Kernel Header files not available for the current kernel version

adrian...@gmail.com

May 19, 2017, 2:49:45 PM5/19/17
to qubes-users
Hi,
I seem to be having an issue related to this known bug - can anyone help me think of a workaround?

I need to build the drivers for my network dongle, and need the kernel-devel for my kernel version to run the make process successfully.

The issue is that the kernel headers are not avaliable for the current kernel version, and as only the last three kernels are stored, I am unable to switch back either.

Any thoughts on this tricky position?

A.

Unman

May 19, 2017, 5:54:50 PM5/19/17
to adrian...@gmail.com, qubes-users
The headers are available: you can download them from yum.qubes-os.org.
look in r3.2/current/dom0/fc23/rpm and there's a comprehensive set.

the rpms here are the same as those found under
r3.2/current/vm/fc24/rpm and the other vm directories.

unman

Adrian H

May 19, 2017, 6:13:23 PM5/19/17
to Unman, qubes-users