Qubes 4, qubes.UpdatesProxy policy, torify everything

x99n...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2018, 11:19:25 AM8/6/18
to qubes-users
Hi again and thanks for answers to Unman and Ivan.
My last question is about qubes.UpdatesProxy policy.
Now the dom0 is being updated through sys-whonix-14 but all vm templates are being updated over sys-net.
Is it possible to update everything over TOR (sys-whonix-14) ?
How best to do this - change the repositories into VM templates to TOR repo or change rule for all templates on qubes.UpdatesProxy policy?

(for example, $type:TemplateVM $default allow,target=sys-whonix-14)

Thanks.

js...@bitmessage.ch

Aug 6, 2018, 6:05:06 PM8/6/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
x99n...@gmail.com:
Hi,

I think you should be able to just set sys-whonix as updateVM and then
switch to the onion repos in each template. It works for me in 3.2.

There are instructions in the whonix docs:

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Onionizing_Repositories

--
Jackie