How do I choose the right controller for Opt Drive in Win7 Qube?

oak...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 12:21:09 PM6/28/19
to qubes-users
Hi, I'm trying to assign the opt drive controller to the Win7new Qube so I can use an install cd to install windows in the qube, but I can't figure out which one the optical drive controller is. How do I figure it out?

I tried using command line to attach it (as per Qubes instructions) with:

qvm-start my-new-vm --cdrom=/dev/cdrom

But gave me error "Valueerror: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)

So my plan was to attach it in manager then start the qube and it should boot up from the cd in the win qube, but can't find the controller.

oak...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 2:34:35 PM6/28/19
to qubes-users

Tried to install from iso on a usb drive but get error "Failed to setup loop device". I'm lost.

awokd

Jun 28, 2019, 4:19:18 PM6/28/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
oak...@gmail.com:
Try this except with the path to your USB drive, assuming you have it
mounted in "untrusted":
qvm-start --cdrom=untrusted:/home/user/windows_install.iso win7new

Also, follow https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-vm/ if you aren't already.