Upgrade from RC3 to final release

koto...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2018, 4:44:24 AM4/3/18
to qubes-users
I used RC3 and always update from stable repo, never from testing. Do I have now the good repos in yum? I think I have outdated yum repos and cannot update to final.

Can somebody paste the content of its /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo file?

How am I supposed to ugprade to the final candidate?

UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
Last metadata expiration check: 0:28:30 ago on Tue Apr 3 10:07:04 2018.
Dependencies resolved.
Package Arch Version Repository Size
Reinstalling:
qubes-release noarch 4.0-0.4 qubes-dom0-current 50 k

Transaction Summary

Total download size: 50 k
DNF will only download packages for the transaction.
Downloading Packages:
[MIRROR] qubes-release-4.0-0.4.noarch.rpm: Curl error (7): Couldn't connect to server for http://yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0/current/dom0/fc25/rpm/qubes-release-4.0-0.4.noarch.rpm [Failed to connect to yum.qubes-os.org port 80: Connection refused]
[FAILED] qubes-release-4.0-0.4.noarch.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success

The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: Error downloading packages:
Cannot download rpm/qubes-release-4.0-0.4.noarch.rpm: All mirrors were tried
[user@dom0 ~]$ ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
fedora.repo fedora-updates.repo qubes-dom0.repo qubes-templates.repo
[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing
Using sys-net as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'qubes-dom0-current', disabling.
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'qubes-dom0-current-testing', disabling.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:32:26 ago on Tue Apr 3 10:07:04 2018.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
No packages downloaded
Qubes OS Repository for Dom0 108 MB/s | 244 kB 00:00
[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update
Using sys-net as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
Last metadata expiration check: 0:32:37 ago on Tue Apr 3 10:07:04 2018.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
No packages downloaded
Qubes OS Repository for Dom0 112 MB/s | 244 kB 00:00

awokd

Apr 3, 2018, 4:39:42 PM4/3/18
to koto...@gmail.com, qubes-users
On Tue, April 3, 2018 8:44 am, koto...@gmail.com wrote:

> [MIRROR] qubes-release-4.0-0.4.noarch.rpm: Curl error (7): Couldn't
> connect to server for
> http://yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0/current/dom0/fc25/rpm/qubes-release-4.0-0.4.
> noarch.rpm [Failed to connect to yum.qubes-os.org port 80: Connection
> refused] [FAILED] qubes-release-4.0-0.4.noarch.rpm: No more mirrors to try
> - All mirrors were already tried without success

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3737#issuecomment-376348366

cooloutac

Apr 3, 2018, 7:05:59 PM4/3/18
to qubes-users

I saw that link when I had similar problems but could not find that file on my system.

might of had something to do with the fact i chose to use whonix to install dom0 and templates from. so I ended up reinstalling without that option after realizing fedora wouldn't update with whonix. Instead rom qubes manager after install selecting global settings and set default update vm as sys-whonix. Doing it that way doesn't seem to have any errors but only dom0 uses sys-whonix not fedora or debian.

koto...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 5:00:34 AM4/4/18
to qubes-users
Thanks for the link. I see I have still some references to fc25 in the repo file. How do I upgrade to fc26?

Could you paste the content of your repo file?

awokd

Apr 4, 2018, 5:47:30 AM4/4/18
On Wed, April 4, 2018 9:00 am, koto...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for the link. I see I have still some references to fc25 in the
> repo file. How do I upgrade to fc26?

Don't do that, just change "http" to "https".

> Could you paste the content of your repo file?

Sure, if it still doesn't work after you do the above. :)

koto...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 5:53:16 AM4/4/18
to qubes-users

> Sure, if it still doesn't work after you do the above. :)

:) I managed to get the updates from testing but still see `fc25` instead of `fc26` in the repo file.

awokd

Apr 4, 2018, 5:56:26 AM4/4/18
On Wed, April 4, 2018 9:53 am, koto...@gmail.com wrote:

> :) I managed to get the updates from testing but still see `fc25` instead
> of `fc26` in the repo file.

Right. Don't touch that part. dom0 runs fc25.