debian-10-minimal: no IP addresses on interfaces?

qubes...@riseup.net

Aug 11, 2019, 9:16:18 AM8/11/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I installed the debian-10-minimal template from the itl-testing repository
and used it for a proxyVM.

When starting the appVM that uses the debian-10-minimal based proxyVM.

The proxyVM gets the usual interfaces eth0 + vif.. but none of these interfaces
have an IP address assigned and are in state DOWN.

This issues does not occur when using the debian-10 (non minimal) version.

Is this a known limitation of the minimal version?

thanks!

unman

Aug 11, 2019, 11:09:40 AM8/11/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Did you follow the advice in
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/debian-minimal ?

debian-10-minimal is fine as netVM

qubes...@riseup.net

Aug 11, 2019, 12:30:16 PM8/11/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

> Did you follow the advice in
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/debian-minimal ?

Thanks for the pointer, now I run into this issue:

apt install qubes-core-agent-networking

results in:

qubes-core-agent-networking : Depends: qubes-core-agent (= 4.0.46-1+deb10u1) but 4.0.47-1+deb10u1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, youhave held broken packages.

unman

Aug 12, 2019, 6:49:01 AM8/12/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Because the template is installed from testing, you need to enable the
qubes-testing repositories to get that version of the package.
Edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/qubes-r4.list and uncomment the
buster-testing line you want to use.
apt update
apt install qubes-core-agent-networking

If you dont want to continue using testing, just comment that line again
and run 'apt update' again.