Hardware Compatibility List

jrsm...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2018, 7:20:14 PM12/9/18
to qubes-users
I'm new to Qubes, so I will preface this by saying that there may be something I'm missing. What struck me was how many systems lacked a specification for SLAT and TPM. If you want people to take you seriously, you need to know these things.

unman

Dec 10, 2018, 8:59:56 AM12/10/18
to qubes-users
On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 04:20:13PM -0800, jrsm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm new to Qubes, so I will preface this by saying that there may be something I'm missing. What struck me was how many systems lacked a specification for SLAT and TPM. If you want people to take you seriously, you need to know these things.

Welcome to Qubes.
The HCL depends on user input. Early reports didn't record and show this
information, so unless users updated their reports the information is
lacking.
You will see that reports from 4.0 generally carry SLAT/TPM info.

If you need more information on a particular system you should always check
the spec before purchase, and could ask on this list for other user
experiences.

Cheers