Use of KeePassX with Fido2 Stick

Knut von Walter

Jul 6, 2020, 7:06:38 AM7/6/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I am using KeePassX 2.0.3 with Qubes OS 4.0.3 which is based on Fedora 31. Personally I am very happy and content with the functions of the software. At the moment I am using it with master password and key-file for logging in. However I would appreciate it if I could use my Fido2 Stick for additional security. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Best

        Knut von Walter

bradbury9

Jul 8, 2020, 2:41:52 AM7/8/20
to qubes-users
El lunes, 6 de julio de 2020 a las 13:06:38 UTC+2, Knut von Walter escribió:

Hello,

I am using KeePassX 2.0.3 with Qubes OS 4.0.3 which is based on Fedora 31. Personally I am very happy and content with the functions of the software. At the moment I am using it with master password and key-file for logging in. However I would appreciate it if I could use my Fido2 Stick for additional security. Is this possible?

There are a couple of 2FA related documentation pages that I am aware of:

It does address the a USB VM and how to use it to U2F proxy the USB token to another VM.

It does handle yubikey and desktop locking.

You are probably interested in the former link.