# !Mistake in the guide - new Qubes v3 onions for Whonix

qube...@tutanota.com

Apr 19, 2019, 7:40:28 AM4/19/19
to Qubes Users
Hello all,

I spotted a mistake in the official announcement/guide for the new v3 Qubes onions.

https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2019/04/17/tor-onion-services-available-again/ <https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2019/04/17/tor-onion-services-available-again/>

The part "Whonix templates do not require any action; their onionaddresses are still the same as before" should be replaced with this, as the whonix onionizing *needs* action too:

1. In the TemplateVM whonix-gw-14, open /apt/sources.list.d/qubes-r4.list The same do for /apt/sources.list.d/qubes-r4.list.save in a texteditor.

2. Update every .onion address to deb.qubesosfasa4zl44o4tws22di6kepyzfeqv3tg4e3ztknltfxqrymdad.onion.

3. Comment out every line that contains yum.qubes-os.org.

4. Uncomment every line that contains .onion.

Lines should look like this:

# Qubes Tor updates repositories
# Main qubes updates repository
deb [arch=amd64] http://deb.qubesosfasa4zl44o4tws22di6kepyzfeqv3tg4e3ztknltfxqrymdad.onion/r4.0/vm <http://deb.qubesosfasa4zl44o4tws22di6kepyzfeqv3tg4e3ztknltfxqrymdad.onion/r4.0/vm> stretch main
#deb-src http://deb.sik5nlgfc5qylnnsr57qrbm64zbdx6t4lreyhpon3ychmxmiem7tioad.onion/r4.0/vm <http://deb.sik5nlgfc5qylnnsr57qrbm64zbdx6t4lreyhpon3ychmxmiem7tioad.onion/r4.0/vm> stretch main

Repat the same for the TemplateVM whonix-ws-14 in the /apt/sources.list.d/qubes-r4.list

Now your updates of Whonix templates are onionized. Whonix will change their guide for onionizing updates as well.

Thanks to Lilias from whonix chatroom for his assistance!

Andrew David Wong

Apr 19, 2019, 10:26:12 PM4/19/19
to qube...@tutanota.com, Qubes Users