quality/reliability of ZFS in Qubes 4

chrisro...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2018, 5:04:57 PM8/28/18
to qubes-users
Hello,

I did search before posting this, and did see some limited references to ZFS in specific cases, but not a clear answer to this general question, so here goes;

I'm wondering, how is ZFS support in Qubes as of 4.0? That is, once it's set up properly, can I expect it to run about as fast and/or reliably as it would on any other Linux system with appropriate hardware?

I have a zpool for user data set up on a machine whose OS I'm looking to convert to Qubes, and I want to know whether there are any serious stability or compatibility issues I should be aware of going in, especially since Qubes adds all the complexity of its' various virtualization mechanisms on top of an already exceptionally complicated filesystem. (I'm planning to install Qubes itself on a SSD in EXT4.)

Thanks.