qvm-run on R4 with Windows VM

Lorenzo Lamas

Dec 30, 2018, 6:53:41 AM12/30/18
to qubes-users
On Qubes 3.2, I was able to start executables on my Windows VM through a launcher with a qvm-run command:
"qvm-run -q --tray -a VMname -- 'cmd.exe /c "C:\path\to\file.exe"' "
However, when I try this on Qubes 4, it doesn't work, the Windows VM doesn't even start with this command. How can I fix this?

Lorenzo Lamas

Jan 4, 2019, 5:51:40 AM1/4/19
to qubes-users

Adding a launcher for a application already listed in Qubes automatically makes this command, which is different but doesn't work either and doesn't start the VM either: "qvm-run -q -a --service -- VMname qubes.StartApp+Programs-Accessoiries-Windows_Explorer"

Lorenzo Lamas

Jan 4, 2019, 6:00:04 AM1/4/19
to qubes-users

Rectification: the second command DOES autostart the VM, but does not start Windows Explorer.