qubes core agent networking iso building help

Howard Chen

Jul 11, 2022, 2:47:19 PM7/11/22
to qubes-users
I need help to build the qubes core agent tools for the new OS that called LinuxFX. Here is the story.

I stumped across the YT for other Linux OS that functions similar to Windows. This OS that was introduced to me by a YouTuber goes by "Linux For Everyone" with a video called "This Linux OS Looks EXACTLY Like Windows 10!" This video talks about this OS that I am working with and will implemented into Qubes if I can do it. The question is: How to create an ISO file in qubes?

51l...@ileg.al

Jul 12, 2022, 9:32:58 AM7/12/22
to Qubes Users
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/825222a3-eef9-46fe-a7f9-aefd3abdb125n%40googlegroups.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/825222a3-eef9-46fe-a7f9-aefd3abdb125n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Actually this question is like, how to run dom0 with ubuntu. Rather than
porting to ubuntu, you could find a way how to make desktop like that.
FYI, LinuxFX use kde you could just install kde in qubes.

unman

Jul 19, 2022, 7:08:06 AM7/19/22
to Howard Chen, qubes-users
I'm not clear what you are asking.
Do you want to build the core agent tools? Read the docs on
qubes-builder. LinuxFX is based on Ubuntu so you can probably use the
Ubuntu tools as is.
Do you want to build a template? Treat it as a flavor of Ubuntu, so you
build (e.g) focal+linuxfx.

If you want to create a Qubes based on LinuxFX instead of Fedora, then
that's far more difficult. You'll need to build all the components for
Ubuntu.
An alternative would be to use Fedora as dom0, and try to implement
LinuxFX as sys-gui.
Whatever your aim you should read the docs on building.

Howard Chen

Jul 19, 2022, 12:28:00 PM7/19/22
to qubes-users
Thanks, Unman. This will take me about 18 to 19 months to finish and publish if I have the right tools that I need and the codes probabilities for that to happen.

unman

Jul 20, 2022, 7:18:26 AM7/20/22
to Howard Chen, qubes-users
I still dont know what you are trying to do.