error when pasting from global clipboard

Mustafa Kuscu

Sep 12, 2021, 7:35:41 AM9/12/21
to qubes-users
Hi,

I have recently updated my system which apparently broke global clipboard functionality.

After reading the docs, I have checked the log file at /var/log/qubes/guid.domain_id.log which adds this line whenever ctrl + shift + v is being pressed:

connect: No such file or directory

I have repeated with debug mode enabled on the vm, however no extra information was added to that file.

The issue first emerged when I installed a few packages from testing repository. But still want to debug this further, any ideas on where to look at?

Kind Regards,
--

Mustafa

unman

Sep 12, 2021, 7:51:22 AM9/12/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
What was your update?
What were the packages you installed?
Does this affect all qubes, or specific to some, or a particular
template?
Do you see the popup when you use Ctrl+Shift+C?

Mustafa Kuscu

Sep 12, 2021, 9:23:06 AM9/12/21
to qubes-users
12 Eylül 2021 Pazar tarihinde saat 14:51:22 UTC+3 itibarıyla unman şunları yazdı:

What was your update?
What were the packages you installed?

Switched to testing repo and did an update a few weeks ago.
Clipboard was not working so I uninstalled those packages.
Now I am on stable repo and did a 'distro-sync'

Does this affect all qubes, or specific to some, or a particular
template?
fedora-34 and debian-11, which are the only templates that exist on my system

Do you see the popup when you use Ctrl+Shift+C?
Yes

Mustafa Kuscu

Sep 12, 2021, 1:58:45 PM9/12/21
to qubes-users
12 Eylül 2021 Pazar tarihinde saat 16:23:06 UTC+3 itibarıyla Mustafa Kuscu şunları yazdı:
It looks like

'/etc/qubes-rpc/policy.EvalSimple' file does not exist but is being looked up at the time of ctrl+shift+V

Mustafa Kuscu

Sep 12, 2021, 2:44:46 PM9/12/21
to qubes-users

12 Eylül 2021 Pazar tarihinde saat 20:58:45 UTC+3 itibarıyla Mustafa Kuscu şunları yazdı:

It looks like

'/etc/qubes-rpc/policy.EvalSimple' file does not exist but is being looked up at the time of ctrl+shift+V

I guess the EvalSimple development might have started since 4.1.15.
I have downgraded to v4.1.12 and the clipboard issue has gone.