X230 Webcam

Jo

Dec 18, 2017, 9:41:03 AM12/18/17
to qubes-users
Hello Folks,

im trying to pass trough to a VM my build-in Webcam (x230 with
coreboot). However, im unable to find it in the devicelist.Ive never
used a Webcam before in Qubes.Is there anything im missing?

The template is Fedora 25, the webcam works just fine in Linux Mint
live.I couldnt find any coreboot - xen issues related to Webcams.

cheers

Rusty Bird

Dec 20, 2017, 5:11:57 PM12/20/17
to Jo, qubes-users

Franz

Dec 20, 2017, 9:11:28 PM12/20/17
to Jo, qubes-users
I have a x230 and the default position of the webcam is in sys-usb where it appears as follows:
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04f2:b2eb Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd

cheers

[799]

Dec 21, 2017, 2:09:53 AM12/21/17
to 169...@gmail.com, adver...@seefelder-web.de, qubes...@googlegroups.com
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

An 21. Dez. 2017, 03:11, Franz schrieb:

> I have a x230 and the default position
> of the webcam is in sys-usb where it appears
> as follows: Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04f2:b2eb
> Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd

I'd like to change the name so that it says "Internal Webcam" instead of "Chicony Electronics Co., LTD"
I know that there are some files which contains all USB device IDs and the description.
I also changed it there but the name wasn't changed.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/227881/lsusb-where-device-description-comes-from

Any idea how to get this done?

[799]