where to update initramfs & disable novevu? trying to get nvidia drivers to work

Bhyrf

Mar 14, 2020, 3:23:09 PM3/14/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
firstly i would like to say i am mostly aware of what i am doing, im running into an issue where certain HVMs arent working because of my GPU, i was able to confirm this by rebooting with onboard intel graphics and it worked flawlessly, but i insist on wanting to use my gpu for graphics and its not feasible for me to go and buy a compatible out of the box gpu right now, besides, the hcl confirms that my setup should work

i have got nvidia drivers on dom0, but i cant install it because noveavu kernel driver is running, i have modprobe blacklisted noveavu but i suspect grub is enabling it and it is also enabled in initramfs

my problems are that i cant find where and how to modify the initramfs, i still havent yet managed to understand the architecture of qubeos and i was planning to learn organicly but this is forcing me right down the pipe and thus im struggling

i tried to access /boot/efi on dom0 and im getting access denied, sudoing succeeds but it doesnt even take me into the directory, which is confusing, i've verified its mounted and its mounted where it should be

i wouldnt say im clueless, but many hours are going by upon each discovery and that discovery gets me no closer because i have an issue like not being able to get into the dir, itd be much appreciated if i could get some help with this! thank u all

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Ulrich Windl

Mar 17, 2020, 3:01:21 AM3/17/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Bh...@protonmail.com
>>> "'Bhyrf' via qubes-users" <qubes...@googlegroups.com> schrieb am 14.03.2020
um 20:22 in Nachricht
<29653_1584213784_5E6D2F17_29653_305_1_T4hbegaMXmdfNdKSaXu_tEyzBmPpymhe77AzL9qXr
S6vvxtqopHcNmsU0XLrR-LLzqoM_e12-oU4hyKUuxGOhmTAjE81ElMbGZsZpB77xw=@protonmail.co
>:
> firstly i would like to say i am mostly aware of what i am doing, im running
> into an issue where certain HVMs arent working because of my GPU, i was able
> to confirm this by rebooting with onboard intel graphics and it worked
> flawlessly, but i insist on wanting to use my gpu for graphics and its not
> feasible for me to go and buy a compatible out of the box gpu right now,
> besides, the hcl confirms that my setup should work
>
> i have got nvidia drivers on dom0, but i cant install it because noveavu
> kernel driver is running, i have modprobe blacklisted noveavu but i suspect
> grub is enabling it and it is also enabled in initramfs
>
> my problems are that i cant find where and how to modify the initramfs, i
> still havent yet managed to understand the architecture of qubeos and i was
> planning to learn organicly but this is forcing me right down the pipe and
> thus im struggling
>
> i tried to access /boot/efi on dom0 and im getting access denied, sudoing
> succeeds but it doesnt even take me into the directory, which is confusing,
> i've verified its mounted and its mounted where it should be

Did you try "sudo -s"?