Alt-Tab not passed through

[799]

Jan 18, 2018, 12:33:55 PM1/18/18
to qubes-users

Gesendet von ProtonMail mobile

[799]

Jan 18, 2018, 4:38:16 PM1/18/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for my first empty email, which has been send to early.

I am using a fedora template which has wäre Horizon View installed, so that I can use the AppVM to access my corporate desktop.

I can start the application, login, launch my virtual desktop and work with it.

One very annoying thing (I would not call it Bug) is, that Alt+Tab is not recognized within the virtual desktop, but instead in dom0.
If I want to switch windows in the virtual desktop via Alt+Tab, I get the next Qubes Window.

Is there anything I can do, so that Alt+Tab is not (!) working in dom0 but in the AppVM window / in the virtual desktop connection?

[799]

Gesendet von ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
An 18. Jan. 2018, 18:33, '[799]' via qubes-users schrieb:

Gesendet von ProtonMail mobile

mossy-nw

Jan 18, 2018, 7:00:41 PM1/18/18
to [799], qubes...@googlegroups.com
'[799]' via qubes-users:
>> To view this discussion on the web visit [https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/Nl7cAH9ddI5FqNGUN-o4Rg3ug-seBZDJTmAvHv4Ycm413VhtoGd4pRBX2usaMoILBuXD6c8IVTI-AlGoQo_s_-2QXl35nRkheQJ9BKfFnR4%3D%40protonmail.com](https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/Nl7cAH9ddI5FqNGUN-o4Rg3ug-seBZDJTmAvHv4Ycm413VhtoGd4pRBX2usaMoILBuXD6c8IVTI-AlGoQo_s_-2QXl35nRkheQJ9BKfFnR4%3D%40protonmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer).

I'm not sure you want to do this, e.g. if your virtual desktop ever ends
up in full-screen mode, there are security reasons why you want alt-tab
as a sanity check to be sure you're in direct communication with dom0.
Could you assign a different shortcut (SHIFT-CTRL tab?) within the VM?

[799]

Jan 19, 2018, 4:26:48 PM1/19/18
to m0...@riseup.net, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

[799] wrote:
>> Is there anything I can do, so that Alt+Tab is
>> not (!) working in dom0 but in the AppVM
>> window / in the virtual desktop connection?

mossy-nw answered:

> I'm not sure you want to do this, e.g. if your
> virtual desktop ever ends up in full-screen
> mode, there are security reasons why you
> want alt-tab as a sanity check to be sure
> you're in direct communication with dom0.
> Could you assign a different shortcut
> (SHIFT-CTRL tab?) within the VM?

I haven't thought about the Alt+Tab behaviour as a (security) feature - thank you for the interesting view.
I have chosen to come up with a workarround as solution to switch my Apps in my virtual desktop window:

1) Download Autohotkey in the virtual desktop

2) Create a my-autohotkey.ahk configuration file with the following entries:

LAlt & w::AltTab
LAlt & q::ShiftAltTab

3) run Autohotkey with the above configuration

I am now able to switch windows back & forward using Alt + Q and Alt + W, which is good enough.

[799]