Weird Windows Install Error

Matt Drez

Jun 19, 2020, 4:33:33 PM6/19/20
to qubes-users
Hey guys,

I've been using Qubes for quite a while now and I'm stoked.

I just finished building a second computer for Qubes. (This times it's AMD in case it matters). Everything went perfect but when I tried installing a Windows 10 and a Server 2019 VM both died with BSOD. The error message was:
"stop code: windows multiprocessor configuration not supported"

Any idea what in the world could cause this? None of the other VMs caused any headache, not even the ones I installed from ISO.

Thanks for the help

Matt

publickey - mattdrez@pm.me - 0x8196D0F4.asc
signature.asc

unman

Jun 19, 2020, 7:36:49 PM6/19/20
to qubes-users
It's not an uncommon error.
Try the obvious - go in to the qube settings, and change VCPU to 1.

Matt Drez

Jun 22, 2020, 10:54:51 AM6/22/20
to unman, qubes-users
> It's not an uncommon error.
> Try the obvious - go in to the qube settings, and change VCPU to

Thanks. That helped to install it but I'd like to run it with more than one core. Do you have a solution for that? It's still a BSOD after install if I try to give more than one core.